Healthcare Support (Newcastle) Limited
Management of the Healthcare Support (Newcastle) Limited Concession.
Newcastle RVI Hospital Office with regular travel to project sites.
Management Services Agreement
- Ensure that Vercity is meeting its obligations under its Management Services Agreement with the Project Company; bringing any actual or potential noncompliance to the attention of the Regional Manager.
PFI Project Agreement
- Ensure the delivery of, and compliance with, all obligations of the Project Agreement, Project finance documents and associated contract documents on behalf of the Project Company.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the Project Agreement, Schedules to the Agreement and associated Service Provider sub-contracts.
Board and Funder liaison
- Ensure effective liaison with the Board and Funders as required by the Project Agreement and Project Finance Documents
- In conjunction with the Company Secretary, ensure that Board meetings and proceedings are properly managed and recorded as required by the Project Agreement
Commercial and Financial Management
- Liaise with the project’s Finance Manager to ensure that the Project Company’s financial obligations are discharged appropriately in accordance with the Project Agreement and Finance Documents and that all invoicing and payment of Variations and alterations occurs as required
- Undertake the annual consolidation of permanent Variations to the Project Agreement in conjunction with the Authority/Trust and Service Providers
- Ensure that insurance matters are managed in accordance with the requirements of the Project Agreement
- Ensure that the Project Company’s obligations in respect of Lifecycle Management are discharged in line with the requirements of the Project Agreement and the Management Services Agreement
- Oversee Market Testing/Benchmarking exercises on behalf of the Project Company and in accordance with the Project Agreement and Management Services Agreement
- Manage interfaces between Project Company parties and the Authority/Trust through formal liaison arrangements or informally as required and facilitate resolution of any contractual ‘grey’ areas
- Review all reports and data required for the monthly preparation of the Authority/Trust invoices and the payment of sub-contractor invoices
- Ensure that all Service Providers accurately record the information required for the timely invoicing of the Authority/Trust and review the information with the project Finance Manager prior to the preparation of the monthly invoices and payments schedule
- Provide line management support to the Vercity team and 3rd party Contractors to the Project Company
- Participate in Vercity’s governance audits and ensure that actions arising are actioned promptly
Service Performance Management
- Promote effective liaison with the Authority/Trust service users
- Manage correct application of contractor and sub-contractor performance monitoring regimes
- Ensure that all Service Providers provide evidence of contractual compliance with regard to all matters and in particular:
- Compliance with performance reporting requirements and the Performance Management System in respective Sub Contracts;
- Adherence to the Authority/Trust policies and procedures and statutory and legal obligations, including Health and Safety law, Insurance and Employment regulations
- Ensure up to date, continuous knowledge and understanding of legislative and statutory changes impacting on the Project Agreement and ensuring appropriate communication and guidance to all parties as required
- Manage the process of ensuring that addendums to the Project Agreement are made in accordance with contractual requirements
- Liaise with other General Managers and senior managers in Vercity to share knowledge and best practice so that adequate policies and procedures are in place to ensure that obligations and responsibilities are met across projects
- Seek and develop commercial opportunities for Vercity with stakeholders and advise potential leads to the relevant team
- Provide appropriate Hard and Soft FM management support and advice to Project Board to minimise risk/liabilities
- Support the Regional Manager in the facilitation of best practice in FM Services and contract management
- Contribute to peer review audits and periodic General Managers meetings
- Undertake other duties as requested by the Regional Manager or Director of Operations as is reasonable and in accordance with Vercity’s delivery of contract requirements
This job description is intended to reflect, in outline, the responsibilities of the post-holder which may change over time with the Corporate and local business needs of Vercity and the particular PFI contract. It will therefore, be subject to periodic review.
Experience and Competencies
- Proven experience working with complex Project Agreements in PFI projects or similar complex environment
- Good general understanding of the funding and contractual structure of PFI projects
- Successfully managing relationships with stakeholders, such as Project Company Boards, funders/lenders, sub-contractors and public sector bodies at a senior level
- Management of performance monitoring regimes for both Hard FM in a healthcare environment.
- Working with detailed contractual/statutory/legal documents and ensuring compliance
- Provision of advice and guidance to other parties on key risk management matters
- Experience of implementing, monitoring and updating systems and processes to manage complex contractual matters to ensure compliance with rights and obligations
- Ability to interpret information and to undertake complex analysis of information from differing sources to formulate a cohesive risk assessment
- Ability to effectively manage potential and actual disputes to minimise risk to the Project Company
- Experience of applying value for money principles to PFI lifecycle expenditure
- Ability to identify key information and report it in a timely and appropriate manner
- Demonstrable leadership and effective team management experience, both for direct report teams and in an inter-agency setting
- Proven ability to identify and follow up on potential business development opportunities
- Proven experience of building strong working relationships with other stakeholders whilst ensuring that the best interests of the projects are promoted and maintained
- Demonstrable commitment to professional and personal development ensuring up to date continuous knowledge of legislative and statutory changes
- Excellent attention to detail and report writing skills
- Problem solving skills in a complex inter agency setting
- Able to work systematically to achieve deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication and confident interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate complex issues in an easily understandable and persuasive manner
- Proficient in the use of word-processing, spreadsheets and presentational software and the ability to work with new systems
- Professional in approach, outward looking and confident
- Relates easily to staff at all levels
- Promotes effective team work, shares information widely
- Perceived by others as open and approachable
Qualifications and Knowledge
- A professional qualification in management or a related discipline, to degree level or equivalent is desirable but not essential.
- Working knowledge of the operation of FM services in a healthcare environment.
Please send us your name, contact details, CV and cover letter here.