Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Vercity Holdings Limited, 8 White Oak Square, London Road, Swanley, Kent, BR8 7AG
In accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulations (taking effect on 25 May 2018), by submitting an application to Vercity by email, you consent to us processing your personal data as follows:
- Only the Management Board, HR & Admin Teams, as well as relevant line managers (or employees with recruitment responsibilities) have access to job applicant data;
- Vercity do not share applicant data with 3rd parties except for storage (see “Where” below).
- Vercity hold the data shown in the CV and cover letter/email which may include full name, address, telephone number, email address, qualifications, skills, experience and employment history, including start and end dates, with previous employers.
- Vercity collects personal information about job applicants in a variety of ways. For example, data is collected through submissions form recruitment agents as well as candidates applying directly by email;
- Employment decisions are not based solely on automated decision-making;
- Vercity has internal policies and controls in place to ensure that data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by authorised individuals, as detailed in the “Who” section.
- We will destroy data about job applicants who are not invited to interview 3 months after submission date;
- For all candidates interviewed, we hold data for 6 months following the date of last interview, unless the candidate is then successfully employed by Vercity.
- Data is held on the Vercity email system; the Vercity Server and a 3rd Party HR Database provided by Advanced Business Solutions (a GDPR compliant business);
- Data is not transferred outside the EEA.
- Vercity processes personal data of job applicants to recruit new staff and promote equal opportunities;
- The business is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations;
- The retention periods above are deemed reasonable for a candidate to be properly considered.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- object to the processing of your data where the organisation is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing; and
- ask the organisation to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override the organisation’s legitimate grounds for processing data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact the HR Department. Furthermore, if you believe that the organisation has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
Please note, once an offer is made and accepted, the privacy notice applicable to Vercity employees will apply.