Join the Team
At Vercity, we encourage professional development and recruit for a wide range of roles across the UK, Canada and North America. Our workforce is diverse, we offer great benefits, flexible working and equal opportunities for talented individuals at all levels across a variety of disciplines.
Vercity is committed to
Equal opportunities for all.
Awareness and continuous reduction of unconscious bias in hiring.
Hiring and developing women into leadership positions.
Continuous improvement of diversity within our teams.
We abide by the principles of fairness, respect, equality, diversity, inclusion and engagement.
How do we live the values at Vercity?
Our commitment to diversity
Our commitment to developing and sustaining a diverse working environment is absolute. Here are some of the approaches we take to ensure diversity and inclusion is at the forefront of our recruitment process:
For the company
We strive for excellence. To achieve it, we must have the best people, and the best people are drawn from the broadest pool of applicants. The candidates we need can be found only by looking across the full spectrum of race, religion or belief, sex, age, marital status, disability, pregnancy/maternity status, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
To help us achieve this aim, the company has partnered with The National Centre for Diversity. We are well on the way to achieving the coveted Investors in Diversity accreditation through the work we are doing with our ‘FREDIE’ Steering Group (Fairness, Respect, Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Engagement), supported by a network of Champions across the business.
Our CEO, Stuart Yeatman, has made this a strategic priority for the company. We have a 2-year action plan to deliver continuous improvement in all aspects of FREDIE, and are building on firm foundations.
For our people
Our culture is driven by teamwork. For our groups to excel, all members must feel that they’re operating in an inclusive environment that welcomes and supports differences and encourages input from all perspectives. Our people have the right to expect a workplace in which the richness of their lives and experience is welcomed and valued by their team and by the company.
For our clients
The interests of the companies we serve always come first. To continue providing our clients with creative ideas and for operating effectively in a complex business environment, we must be fully capable of dealing with different cultures in an informed and nuanced manner. Experience has shown us that we can best serve our clients’ interests by attracting the insights, talents, and judgements of a diverse workforce.
What does diversity & inclusion at work mean to you?
The work we do
- Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) management.
- Projects that cover the length and breadth of the UK, Canada and North America.
- Operational management across a wide variety of market sectors, including healthcare, education and renewable energy.
- Consultancy services that establish relationships and encourage collaborative working.
- Commitment to training and developing our staff from within and investing in continuous professional development.
Health & financial benefits
- We offer a generous 30 days of annual leave, in addition to bank holidays.
- We have a market-leading, non-contributory pension scheme, life insurance and season ticket loans.
- We have a family-friendly hybrid working policy.
- Our Employee Assistance Program covers mental health and legal counselling and is available whenever you need it.
- Eye care vouchers are provided for free eye tests.
- We operate an enhanced maternity and paternity pay policy.
- We offer a Cycle to Work salary sacrifice scheme.
- Employees can apply to purchase extra annual leave and for a community volunteering day.
- Vercity employees can choose their own path and pace of learning.
- We give access to our digital training platform with a range of material, relevant to core aspects of our business that educate and upskill our entire workforce.
- Learn from current leaders and peers through our mentoring and job shadowing schemes, or apply for financial assistance to study for professional qualifications.
- Many of our staff hubs are located in vibrant city centres, including our flagship London office at 24 Chiswell Street. Our offices have social areas and places to unwind, as well as a friendly, social culture.
- We operate in 13 market sectors, managing globally recognised buildings and infrastructure.
Meet some of the team
One of the great things about working with Vercity is getting to know the people behind the projects. Our staff come from a range of backgrounds and everyone brings their own unique skillsets and experience to the company.
Connect with us on LinkedIn
Our recruitment process
We have a transparent recruitment process. We believe that being open and honest about how we recruit encourages the right candidates to apply for our roles. Our integrity guides every decision we make and reinforces our reputation as a diverse, inclusive employer.
Applications are read by real humans who are experts at interpreting CV’s and are familiar with all job roles across our organisation – not just the one you’re applying for.
If you’re shortlisted for one of our positions, one of our recruiters will be in touch to explain the offer.
Once you’ve signed your offer, our immersive onboarding experience will prepare you for day one and set you up for success.
Inspiring confidence in our clients
HR policies & company ethics
Recruitment agency information
Initiating contact with Vercity employees for the purposes of presenting candidates for possible employment (current or future) at Vercity is prohibited.
Employment is managed through Vercity’s Human Resources Department (HRD). Vercity requires a signed agreement prior to any candidate submission. A valid search initiated with a staffing agency or recruiter is only done through Vercity’s human resources. If a recruiter submits a candidate to any Vercity role, or to our HRD with no agreement or approved agency, then the candidate submitted is considered ‘unsolicited’ and treated as if they submitted a resume directly to Vercity. In turn, no fee will be paid.
Vercity will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as needed to meet the service you have requested, and remove it in the event that the purpose has been met. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.