Technical Manager (Electrical)
This role is responsible for providing Technical Support working with the Vercity SPV management & Consultancy teams, Authorities, Service Providers and external clients, in accordance with agreed scopes and appointments.
The role will contribute to the continued growth within the Technical team bringing specialist electrical engineering and operational expertise. Working alongside the Technical Manager (Mechanical), providing mutual support as scope required, it will also be responsible for contributing to, and supporting the development of, the Clean Energy, Technical Support Services Group (TSSG) and wider Asset Management Delivery offering.
Home based, with regular travel to project sites, and Vercity offices
Technical Consultancy Director
The role will specifically:
- Provide a range of technical support and additional services solutions to Vercity SPV and Consultancy teams from an electrical bias, including defect identification, investigation and management, handback provision, technical audit, condition monitoring and FMCo replacement.
- Support in the development of Vercity’s technical delivery. Development of Vercity’s Technical Management systems and non-core activities, such as post-hand-back & non-PFI activity, to direct Technical Consultancy support to Vercity clients.
- Identification and communication of Technical issues, and provision of short-term support across projects, by providing a lead role in the development and deployment of the TSSG.
- Perform targeted audits of Hard FM Service Provision on behalf of Clients.
- Coordinate external support to Projects and external Clients, providing direction to external consultants, to ensure the most effective outcome where skills and capacity may not be available within existing resource.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a network of trusted external experts and partners.
- Assist in the identification and development of solutions for enhancing the delivery of Hard FM.
- Participate in Shareholder compliance support meetings as required.
- To provide consultancy services to Vercity clients, and support fee earning projects.
- Provide electrical engineering support to the Clean Energy team in the development of Clean Energy and decarbonisation options.
- Present to the Vercity management forums and clients at Board level on relevant technical issues.
- Participate in business development opportunities supporting the Business Development team.
- Carry out additional ad hoc duties as required.
|Experience and Competencies
|– Experience in asset management on long term complex projects.
– Experience in the delivery of hard FM and project/estates management services to complex environments.
– Extensive knowledge of statutory regulations, technical standards, guidance, and techniques relevant for the delivery of asset management activities.
– Electrical engineering and operational knowledge in complex electrical systems
– Experience of quality assurance and/or management systems.
– Working experience within a PFI environment.
– Experience working on Electrical systems within healthcare establishments
– Experience of proactively managing complex contractual issues and relationships with stakeholders.
– Ability to build strong working relationships with other stakeholders whilst ensuring that the best interests of Clients and Vercity are promoted and maintained.
– Management experience of construction defects under the Limitation Act.
– Building services design experience
Please send us your name, contact details, CV and cover letter here.